The ideal candidate should achieve the Kitchen’s operational objectives by contributing to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing Standard Operating Procedures and action plans; implementing food production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements and implementing change.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Meeting the kitchen’s financial objectives by forecasting requirements;
preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Planning menus by consulting with the General Manager and Food & Beverage
manager; estimating food costs and profits; adjusting menus as necessary.
• Running a profitable kitchen in line with applicable margins provided.
• Planning the menu and creating new recipes.
• Preparing the budgets, including projections of all kitchen and food requirements, labor costs, and staffing levels.
• Training the kitchen staff to ensure the food is prepared according to budget and
required standards. Evaluating staff performance and managing the team to deliver desired results.
• Performing a regular inventory of food supplies and equipment. Projecting for future
needs and placing orders to ensure that they are met.
• Ensuring that the kitchen adheres to sanitation, health, and safety laws.
• Ensuring that the food operations are controlled in a manner which reaches the
desired cost of sales and maximizing potential and optimizing resources.
• Coordinating closely with procurement to ensure the kitchen requirements are
consistently met in terms of quality and quantity.
• 2+ years of culinary education.
• 5+ years of experience in a similar position, franchise experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
• Excellent knowledge of Nebula POS systems, ordering and inventory.
• Excellent communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter, CV, academic certificates
and other testimonials by 10th August 2023, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The email title should read “Executive Chef”